, , ,

Ruffled up

00:31

Shirt : Thrifted | Midi Dress : Bangkok | Bag : Local Store | Earrings : Thrifted | Shoes : Zara


Greetings Everyone!

I'm quite excited as I write about ruffles because personally I love to wear them! While some may find it a bit too cute and girly, I think if styled correctly it can look quite sophesticated. Every time I wear this particular ruffled shirt, I have at least one person asking me if it's my birthday! haha.

Tip: Find ruffles a bit overwhelming? Wear them in earthy tones (grey, olive, brown, nude) to rock it.

I wore my ruffled shirt over a midi dress knotted at the waist. This gave me a long curvy silhouette since the knot accentuated my waist. I think, ruffles go great for formal wear since you cannot do much on the formal front. I kept accessories at its minimum by just wearing the right pair of earrings, a sleek bag and finished off with a pair of spike-y heels which gave the entire outfit a bit more texture.

Tip: When wearing ruffles, try not to overload accessories since that can draw off attention from your key piece.

Quick Pairing Guide :

Day - With wide leg trousers for a formal look, The gold ol' jeans for a casual day out, any type of skirt for a more feminine look.

Evening - High waist palazzo. 


Hope this post inspired you enough to try out ruffles :)

Until Next Time,
Dushala.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hello,Ciao...great post,this's a breathtaking outfit !
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. u look chic , totally loved your skirt
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice look! I love your sandals:)
    Happy day
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

HELLO VISITORS